The Village of Suamico Board of Trustees are in the process of drafting and considering an ordinance that could allow ATV/UTVs on certain roads within the village. The following information is intended to consolidate previous discussions and data presented to the Village Board. If you have additional questions, please contact Village Administrator, Alex Kaker at 920.434.2212 or AlexK@Suamico.org. Contact information for Village Board Trustees can be found here.
- In the fall of 2019, the Village Board initiated a planning process to create a 2021 - 2023 Resident Strategic Plan. As part of that process, a postcard was mailed to all 4,872 parcels in February of 2020 requesting feedback via survey on a wide variety of issues concerning Village of Suamico residents. The results of the survey (804 respondents) were non-binding and meant to provide the Village Board with the temperature of the community on those issues. One topic included in the survey was regarding ATV/UTVs on village roadways. Results of the entire survey can be found here (see page 150 for ATV/UTV data).
- In November of 2020, the Village of Suamico’s Public Health & Safety Committee made a recommendation to create an ATV/UTV subcommittee to study ATV/UTV access to all village streets. To view all previous Public Health & Safety Committee meeting agendas, minutes, and packets click here.
- In December 2020, the Village Board authorized the creation of an ATV/UTV subcommittee to further study the feasibility of allowing ATV/UTVs on village roadways.
- An ATV/UTV subcommittee was established in March of 2021 that included representatives from the Public Health & Safety Committee, Brown County Sheriff’s Office, WDNR, village staff, and residents. A presentation was given to the Public Health & Safety Committee in June of 2021 as well as the Village Board on June 21st with the results from the subcommittee’s findings. A copy of the presentation can be found here.
- At the August 2, 2021 Village Board meeting the Trustees directed staff to place the draft ordinance on the next Village Board agenda (August 16) for a first reading. A final vote on the ordinance could be held at the subsequent Village Board meeting on September 20, 2021. All previous Village Board meeting minutes, agendas, and board packets can be found here.
- We are aware of an ATV/UTV postcard asking residents to "vote" on a proposed ordinance that was mailed the week of August 30. This postcard was not printed, mailed, or sanctioned by the Village.
- Ordinance 2021-08 - Second Reading Scheduled for September 20, 2021
- Draft ATV/UTV road map as of July 26, 2021
- 2020 DNR ATV/UTV Laws
- State Statute 23.33 (All-terrain vehicles and utility terrain vehicles)
- Brown County Public Works ATV/UTV Policy
- CTH Traffic Counts as Provided by Brown County