The Village is seeking three (3) residents to serve on an ATV/UTV subcommittee.
The subcommittee will not form nor recommend an opinion. Rather, the subcommittee shall be a fact-finding committee, which will report their findings to the Public Health & Safety Committee. The Public Health & Safety Committee may request of the subcommittee additional research. The Public Health & Safety Committee will then make a recommendation to the Village Board as to where ATV/UTV usage should or should not be permitted along with a draft ordinance if a recommendation is made to allow usage in any area.
Seven-member subcommittee shall be comprised of the following:
- (1) Public Health & Safety Committee Member
- (1) Village of Suamico DEO
- (1) DNR representative
- (1) Village of Suamico Fire Chief/Emergency Management Director
- (3) Residents
Initial data points for the subcommittee to research will include, but not be limited to;
- A map indicating where ATV/UTVs could be allowed under state statutes.
- Previous 12-month accident/incident reports within the Village of Suamico related to ATV/UTVs.
- Previous 12-month accident/incident reports within neighboring communities related to ATV/UTVs that permit their usage (e.g., Pulaski, Little Suamico).
- Ordinances of neighboring communities that allow ATV/UTV usage.
- Draft ordinance.
The subcommittee will meet on an as-needed basis, but will likely require several evening meetings over the course of the next few months.
Residents interested in joining this subcommittee should contact Village Administrator, Alex Kaker at AlexK@Suamico.org or 920.434.2212.
This recruitment will remain open until the three spots are filled.