The Public Works & Utility Commission reviews and recommends action to the Village Board on:
- Village streets, sidewalks, trails, bridges, and other proposed major traffic infrastructure improvement plans;
- Proposed annual sidewalk and trail improvement/replacement plans;
- Proposed 5-year Capital Improvements Plan for transportation structures, facilities, equipment, and utilities annually;
- Refuse and recycling, site use, and collection;
- Subdivision acceptance;
- Water supply and distribution including well abandonment, proposed wells, towers, and mains;
- Sanitary sewer collection including proposed sewers;
- Engineering proposals and construction bids;
- Stormwater management and detention including proposed detention basins; and
- Annual review of utility rates.
The Commission also makes recommendations to the Village Board for action on resolutions, ordinances, policy, and/or staff recommendations as requested by the Village Board or Village Administrator.
The Commission consists of seven members, one trustee, six others, five who must be residents, appointed by the President and approved by the Village Board for three years, staggered. Meetings are on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. and as otherwise deemed necessary. They are held at the Municipal Services Center, 12781 Velp Avenue.
Members include Shari Antonissen, Matthew Athey, Bill Bourbonnaise, Bryan Fischer, Paul Garvey, Fred Krumberger, and Jason Ward - Trustee.