The Community Development Department serves the Village of Suamico in two specific areas - Planning and Economic Development.
With regard to Planning, the Community Development Department:
- Develops short- and long-range plans for physical and social development of the Village
- Prepares and presents reports to the Village Board, the Planning & Zoning Commission, the Parks, Recreation, Forestry & Trails Committee, the Historic Preservation Commission, and other committees as needed
- Works with civic groups and the general public in developing long-range planning for the Village.
The Economic Development mission is to encourage businesses to develop new or expand existing facilities to enhance living, working, and recreational choices for the Village of Suamico.
- Enhance and promote commercial and industrial growth within the Village of Suamico
- Prepare promotional and marketing material for Village and Village industrial/business parks
- Assist with preparation of development, redevelopment, and tax increment finance plans
- Work with local businesses and industries to promote retention
- Provide TIF assistance to attract new users and facilitate retention and expansion of existing industrial users.
If you have any questions regarding Planning or Economic Development in the Village of Suamico, please contact Alex Kaker, Administrator, at (920) 434-2212 or email email@example.com.
2021 - 2023 Strategic Plan
The Village of Suamico is developing a Strategic Plan for 2021-2023 that will outline the primary objectives the Village will work to accomplish through 2023. A survey is now available that offers Suamico residents the opportunity to provide input that will help steer the Village's priorities as well as to help us get a sense of how we are doing today regarding Village services.
You may complete the survey online here: 2021 - 2023 Resident Strategic Plan. Hard copies of the survey are also be available at the Municipal Services Center - 12781 Velp Avenue.
Your responses are completely anonymous and completion of this survey is voluntary. Please submit your responses no later than Sunday May 3, 2020. If you are unable to take the survey online or cannot come to the office, please contact Village Administrator, Alex Kaker at 920.434.2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative method.
A separate survey meant for business owners is being created and will be available in the spring.
RESULTS OF 2021 - 2023 RESIDENT STRATEGIC PLAN SURVEY - RAW DATA - MAY 2020
- Housing Affordability Analysis - December 19, 2019
- 2015 Comprehensive Plan (updated 2016)
- 2013-2017 Outdoor Recreation & Open Space Plan
- Finalized Trail Plan 2010-2015
- Strategic Plan 2012-2014
- Sunset Beach Lane Park Master Plan 2011
- Future Land Use Map Adopted 5/18/09 - Replaces Future Land Use Map found in Village Comprehensive Plan document
- Municipal Facilities Master Plan 2007
- Municipal Facilities Master Plan Appendices 2007
- Present & Future Park & Recreation Facilities Appendix A Map 2006
- Areas of Development