12781 Velp Avenue, Suamico, WI

Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Erosion Control/Stormwater Permits

Stormwater is an important natural resource that sustains our agricultural, economic, and recreational interests.  Since all aspects of life depend on water, the Village of Suamico is committed to protecting and enhancing the quality of our waterways.

Stormwater runoff occurs when rainfall flows over the ground.  Impervious surfaces like parking lots, rooftops, and streets prevent stormwater from naturally soaking into the ground.  More impervious surfaces means more stormwater runoff entering the Village’s storm drain system, which includes curb inlets, underground pipes, roadside ditches, creeks, streams, and rivers.

Stormwater runoff carries debris, chemicals, dirt, and other pollutants into our storm drain system. Anything that enters our storm drain system is discharged untreated into the waterbodies we use for swimming, fishing, recreation, and drinking. Some common pollutants found in storm drains and creeks include motor oil, yard clippings, fertilizers, pesticides, milky water from paint, soapy water from car washing, eroded sediment and concrete by-products from construction projects, and litter.

Please select the type of project that you will be working on from the list below.  Once you have selected the type of form, please print the document and fill in the required information.

Permits with all supporting documents can be:

  1. Dropped off at the Village Hall, 12781 Velp Ave, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  2. Mailed with all the information to the Building Inspection Department, Suamico Village Hall, 12781 Velp Ave., Suamico, WI 54313.  We will notify you when it has been approved and you are able to pick up the permit.
  3. Emailed with all the information to steve@suamico.org. We will notify you when it has been approved and you are able to pick up the permit.

Attention Home Builder Information on Land Disturbing Activities  General information on building a 1 & 2 family home.

Residential Stormwater Permit Application  When building on a residential lot and you will be disturbing the soil, this permit will be needed.

1 & 2 Family Blank Site Plan  Along with the permit application, you may need this (if not in conjuction with house site planset) to describe the activities in picture form.

Standard Erosion Control Plan Checklist   A document that may help you identify all the information that will be needed on your permit.

Construction Site Inspection Report  This is a checklist for you to use during your project to help maintain your site's compliance with state and local regulations.

Commercial Stormwater over 20,000 sq. ft. Impervious Permit Application 

Commercial Stormwater under 20,000 sq. ft. Impervious Permit Application

Subscribe To The Newsletter

Registration for programs and events can be made online, sent through the mail, or brought into our Municipal Services Center