The Public Health & Safety Committee reviews:
- Speed limits and other traffic regulations;
- Stop sign and other traffic regulation signs;
- Street lights;
- Monthly incident, traffic, and crime reports;
- Monthly fire and rescue reports;
- Preliminary plat for review of speed limits and traffic control signs only;
- Issues referred by the Village Board or Administrator for their review and recommendation; and
- Individual or citizen group requests for additional stop signs, traffic speed reduction regulations, railroad regulatory sign changes, other public safety-related signage, guardrails, deletions, etc., and street lights.
The Committee also reviews and recommends action to the Village Board on issues related to traffic control, public safety ordinances, and issuing of alcohol licenses. It makes recommendations to the Village Board for action on resolutions, ordinances, policy, and/or staff recommendations as requested by the Village Board or Village Administrator. The Committee shall NOT consider or make recommendations on issues related to contracted services, service/personnel issues, or contract management as these are under the direct control of the Village Board, Fire Commission, and as authorized, the Administrator.
The Committee is made up of one trustee and four residents who are appointed by the Village President and approved by the Village Board for three years, staggered. They meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 4:30 p.m. as needed but not less than four times per year. The meetings are held at the Municipal Services Center, 12781 Velp Avenue.
Members include Steve Dantoin, Robert Laskowski, Robert Matheny, Mike Sheedy, and Jason Ward - Trustee.