The Suamico Park, Rec, Forestry, & Trails Committee reviews and recommends action to the Village Board on:
- Policy and procedures regarding administration of recreation leagues;
- Setting of fees to pay for recreation league and recreation programming supplies, services, equipment, uniforms, awards, etc.;
- Development and review of user surveys and other evaluation tools;
- Recreation program offerings;
- Annual recreational programming and facilities needs assessment;
- Park planning, acquisition, development, and maintenance;
- Active and passive recreation facilities;
- Master Park Planning;
- Trail Master Plan;
- Outdoor Recreation & Open Space Plan;
- 5-year facilities/capital improvements planning;
- Special requests by groups or organizations wishing to add or change park features or equipment;
- Natural resource management;
- Village forest, conservancy, and open space areas;
- Invasive species and forest pest control; and
- Park and community facility use including policies regarding use, large group usage hours, rules, and governing ordinances.
The Committee is comprised of one trustee and six residents who are appointed by the Village President and approved by the Village Board. The Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m. at the Municipal Services Center, 12781 Velp Avenue.
Members include Ruth Lund - Chair, Steve Andrews - Trustee, Andrew Hudak, Roy Krouse, Gary Lonzo, Katrina Nordyke, and Mike Stascak.