The Ethics Board shall have the powers and duties set forth in §300.08 of the Village Code. The Board:
- Shall develop written rules of procedure which shall be submitted to the Village Board for approval;
- May make recommendations to the Village Board regarding amendments to the Ethics Board section of the Village Code itself;
- Shall conduct a public investigation of each complaint received;
- May issue subpoenas, administer oaths, and investigate any violation of the ordinance on its own motion;
- Shall offer an opinion concerning the validity of the complaint upon conclusion of the ethics investigation; and
- May issue a summary of the complaint and its opinion for the public record.
Members consist of five residents who are appointed by the Village President and approved by the Village Board for three years, staggered. Per our code, the Ethics Board members cannot hold any other offices in Suamico or any other municipality. The Board meets as needed at the Municipal Services Center, 12781 Velp Avenue.
Members include Julia Drobeck, Lauren Mantych, Rick Marto, Patsy Peters, and Kathy Yaggie. The alternate member is Chaplan Spejcher. An additional alternate position is vacant at this time.